Monday 5 January 2009

Stori Telling by Tori Spelling

This book was definitely easy reading.

As I mentioned in my Sunday Salon, I have a bit of an obsession with Beverly Hills 90210, absolutely love it and can't wait to see the new show on Channel 4.

The book jumps about a bit, going back and forth from when she was young to adult hood, and sometimes she does drift off onto another subject whilst she is talking about something else.

There wasn't as much in it about Beverly Hills 90210 as I would have liked, but that is just me being sad! After reading it, I found that I would like to find out more about Aaron Spelling. There is a book called 'A Prime Time' which is his biography, so I may just have to borrow it from the library. Sad I know!

I did feel a little sorry for her, it must have been tough growing up in a family that seemed without love. Also to go from having money, to being bankrupt must be a real shock to the system. I know I shouldn't feel sorry for her, but I do. I would not have swapped my life for hers in a moment. Her mother resembles Joan Crawford in 'Mommy Dearest'.

I thought I would give your five interesting facts about Tori, which might tempt you to read it.

So here are my Five Tori Teasers.

1) Terence Trent D'Arby walked into a party, just to tell her her fortune and changed her life.

2) She had an on and off affair with her co-star Brian Austen Green for quite a few years.

3) Her dad imported snow for Christmas for her on two occassions.

4) One of her best pals is the scary Sylar from 'Heroes'.

5)Her mum does have her own present wrapping room which is pictured in the book!

I did find the book funny and you can see she had a good sense of humour and can laugh at herself. I remember watching the first season of Tori and Dean:Inn Love and laughing at all her antics. So I would reccommend it as a good, quick (2 sessions) and easy read.

This is the first book I have completed in the 'In Their Shoes Challenge, which is linked at the left hand side of my blog. I don't think I am doing to bad at reading two books since New Years Day!

If you want to find out more about Tori, I have attached a link to her my space page.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=159499364

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy my review.

3 comments:

  1. That does sound like a fun book - I might have to check it out. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds interesting, great review :)
    her dad imported in snow for her twice, we need the snow imported out of here...lol...not in.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure why I was never attracted to Beverly Hills 90210. It might be an age thing...I am pretty darn old...yeah...that's probably it...lol!

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for stopping by, it is always nice to hear what you have to say, so do leave a comment if you have time.