Saturday 25 July 2009

Saturday Scrapping

The scrapping has really come to a halt lately, so on Wednesday I started to clear my desk in order to at least start to make a LO and here we are on Saturday and the LO is still a work in progress!

I keep trying to work out why my scrapping mojo has disappeared. I think my photo printer breaking down did not help. I keep forgetting to load photos up onto my memory stick so I can print them off when I go out. Also my paper trimmer might as well go out the window too - it keeps sticking and leaving my pages with that nasty serrated edge look. Also my printer has no ink, so I can't even print anything pretty out. Oh woe is me!! These really are minor irritations that can be fixed, I think there is just too many other things go on.

My rabbit Max, has improved greatly, after nearly three weeks of medicine, but his lump is still there, however it has shrunk to the the size of a marble from the size of half a tennis ball.
Unfortunately my father in law is a lot worse. On Thursday, he was rushed into hospital with pneumonia and we are all praying for him to pull through. Poor hubby is rushing back and forth to Essex a few times a week at the moment and I am worried about how tired and stressed he is with it all.

So I do think I have good reason not to scrap. My mother is urging me on though as I have an album to finish for my aunt. My mother is trying to get me to watch a Rene Zellweger film that is all about scrap booking - anyone know what it is?

At least some scrapping goodies have come my way this week. I bought these lovely stickers from Accessorize.

Look at those lovely cupcakes and sweets. Aren't they fabulous!

I also received these lovely scrap booking bits as part of a gift from the girl's teacher thanking me for my help this year. Deidre has been a lovely teacher and I feel that I have found a really nice friend after spending so much time with her.
She picked up these lovely goodies in the Victoria & Albert museum when we went to London. The ribbon has lots of gems sewn into it and the papers are a range of Japanese prints.
I hope by next week to have finished a scrap page to show you, but don't hold your breath as it is the school holidays here! Have a great day.

6 comments:

  1. I do hope things start to look up soon for your hubbys Dad. My thoughts are with you there.

    Good news about Max though - yay for the bunny :D

    The ribbon is gorgeous as are those printed papers. Must be something in the air, I decided I needed to do some scrapping this week too. Yet to start it though but still, the intention is there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness...I'm so sorry about your father-in-law. I was so hoping to hear that he was improving, not getting worse. You'll all remain in my thoughts.

    Those stickers look downright edible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Viv - the film is called New to Town, with Renee Zellweger xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate, my crocheting mojo has gone away for a bit too. Cute scrap supplies. Glad to hear Max is better.

    Sorry about your father in law. I hope his health improves.

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I hope he gets better!

    Neat looking scrapping supplies!

    I've been having trouble commenting on your site and wanted to let you know, but I couldn't find your email address. I've found a way to post comments here, but it involves a lot of hoops. I click post comment, my comment disappears, then I click the back arrow button which takes me to the previous page (which still has my comment in the text box). I highlight the text, right click and open the text in a new window. Then it finally says "Your request could not be processed. Please try again." Then I can finally submit my comment. I used to see this message on the actual post where I submitted the comment, and then after resubmitting it would process the comment. Now it's just making the comment disappear entirely unless I jump through these hoops.

    In any case, I'm glad I figured out a way to leave a comment to let you know what's going on. I know that my above paragraph is probably as confusing as can be. I posted about this commenting problem on my site yesterday here: http://athomewithbooks.blogspot.com/2009/07/have-you-been-getting-fewer-comments.html. The easiest way to fix it so that everyone can comment on your site is to switch to a pop-up window for comments.

    Feel free to send me an email at akreese (at) hotmail (dot) com if none of this is making sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law and I really hope and pray that he will get better soon.

    I like those stickers and other goodies you've shown here!

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for stopping by, it is always nice to hear what you have to say, so do leave a comment if you have time.