Tuesday 8 February 2011

Really Random Tuesday


Really Random Tuesday is a meme created by Suko at Suko's Notebook which is a way to post odds and ends--announcements, musings, quotes, photos--any blogging and book-related things you can think of.

On the 1st of March there will be a Welsh Appreciation Day hosted by Asamum over at her blog Asamum Booktopia. In order to participate in the day, all you have to do is either read a book by a Welsh author or write a post relating to Wales.  I am definitely going to be taking part by reading Incarceron by Catherine Fisher. Anyone can join in, so if you would like to take part write a post on the 1st March and post a link on Asamum's blog.

****************************
OK, why didn't anyone tell me about the Patrick Ness Prequel to The Chaos Walking Trilogy?  You know how I loved this series ( although not so much the last book!), so I was over the moon, to find that the prequel is free online here. Thanks to Nymeth from Things Mean A Lot for pointing me in the right direction.
I hope to read it soon!

*****************************
 
I thought I would do a little roundup of the books that I read in January,as the days seemed to have passed by without me knowing and we  are already looking at the 8th of January!
I read a total of nine books in January and I had actually thought that I had read more. My mind is obviously playing tricks on me.
 
9) Angel Time by Anne Rice
 
It is really hard for me to pick a favourite, so I am going to have a three way tie for first place. Entangled, White Crow and Ella Minnow Pea all get a first place sticker from me.
 
That's my total randomness today. What random things are going on in your world.

15 comments:

  1. Just love the premise behind Ella Minnow Pea, but not sure I'd enjoy the book. Really Random Tuesday is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great way for me to catch up. Apologies that I haven't visited as much, family and computer issues I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gotta love finding out there are more books in a favorite series...that would sure make my day happy. I read Ella Minnow Pea back before I was blogging, but if I had been, you would have found it on my "best of" that year.
    Have a wonderful day...
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vivienne, thank you again for doing this meme. You are doing it more than me--perhaps you could take over the hosting of it! :)

    I would really like to read Ella Minnow Pea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welsh day sounds nice :D Must see if I have anything

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nymeth - thank you.

    JoAnn - it is a lovely book. Definitely worth reading.

    Petty Witter - don't worry. Real life is definitely more important. Hope everything is OK.

    Kim - I do love it when I know there are more to come!


    Suko - I wouldn't dream of taking your meme. It doesn't matter if you don't do it. I find it fun.

    Blodeuedd - I can't wait for Welsh day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Welsh Appreciation Day (aka St Davids Day), especially as I'm welsh ;) I will have to post then as well!

    Thats a lot of books for one month! And such a cool collection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of those but Matched is on my list. My random things are: I'm going to try to finish my book so I can start a new one tonight, I've got one or two more sentences until I finish off my RED review, and I'm about to hop up to go to Pizza Hut with my husband and FIL and stop off at the library on our way back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the mention Viv - I am so glad other people want to participate.
    Hanah you're welsh YAYA

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a Welsh girl I'm definitely going to have to take part in Welsh Appreciation Day. :D (Especially as I miss the traditions school used to make you take part in for St David's Day. Ha!)

    Wow, you went through a great number of books in January, Viv!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welsh Appreciation Day sounds like a fun idea.
    Your review made me add Ella Minnow Pea to my wish list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still need to read that Patrick Ness series!

    You had a good reading month in January. I was doing really well but now February I seem to be stuck and can't finish a book! Maybe if I stopped starting books I'd finish some :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great reading month in January! Well done, Viv!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just finished reading The Knife of Never Letting Go so I might have to check out the story--unfortunately I was on the other side of the fence than everyone else in terms of liking it. :(

    Welsh Appreciate Day sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for stopping by, it is always nice to hear what you have to say, so do leave a comment if you have time.